plasmid nomenclature

Kevin Morano ez005528 at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jul 19 20:43:21 EST 1993

Morris F. Manolson (mm6y+ at andrew.cmu.edu) wrote:
: Dear yeast people,  I was just wondering if there are any conventions
: out there for naming yeast vectors containing genes.
: For example,  if I put MFG1 (my favorite gene 1) into YEp24, do I now have:

: YEp24::MFG1
: YEp24:MFG1
: YEp::MFG1
: YEp:MFG1
: YEpMFG1
: pMFG1-2micron

: I was also wondering about epitobe-tagging genes, if you
: tag MFG1 with the Hemagluttinin (sp) epitobe, do you end up with

: MFG1-HA
: MFG1::HA
: HA-MFG1

: Thanks in advance for all comments and advice!  Morrie

: Morris F. Manolson                     Tel:  416-813-6662  (office)
: Division of Cell Biology                     416-813-5594  (lab)
: Hospital for Sick Children                   416-813-5028  (FAX)
: 88 Elm St., McMaster building        email:  Morrie at resunix.ri.sickkids.on.ca
: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
: M5G 1X8