zymolyase

FATIMA at AIMP.UNA.AC.AT FATIMA at AIMP.UNA.AC.AT
Fri May 7 04:16:00 EST 1993

(Bob Ludwig - ludwig at biology.ucsc.edu - asking about cheaper ways to make
spheroplasts)

I do not know about a cheap source of zymolyase; however, I have observed
that many methods work as well using less enzyme than recomended. For
applications like spheroplast transformation or protoplast fusion one
can use Glusulase (produced by DuPont) or an equivalent (Helicase...)
or even a "home-made" prep of snail hepatopancreatic juice (I wouldn't
recommend the last - it's the cheapest alternative, but a REALLY nasty
work to make).

Fatima Cvrckova (fatima at aimp.una.ac.at)