Useful All Purpose Yeast:coli Vectors

katerice at embl-heidelberg.de katerice at embl-heidelberg.de
Mon May 10 05:18:21 EST 1993

In article <1993May9.062336.6411 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk>, odile at FRCGM51.EARN writes:

> When we published our paper, I sent the sequences in Vecbase....
> but as known, Vecbase does not appear alive...
> so I sent the sequences at merlot.welch.jhu.edu (Dan Jacobson)
> where they are accessible by gopher.
> Nevertheless,  it should be a good thing if vecbase (or
> another data bank) could publish a new release for vectors,
> because its accessibility is easer than by gopher (it's my
> opinion...;-) ). Is any one know if vector sequences
> are the welcome in a easy data bank (at my knowledge, EMBL
> does not accept vectors and for Gene bank, I don't know...)

The EMBL nucleotide sequence database gladly accepts vector sequences. However,
we find it very difficult to get hold of them! Please send us the data for your
vectors, including any partial sequence data.

Please contact me for further details.

		Regards,
			Kate
 Kate Rice, EMBL                                | Post: EMBL Data Library
                                                |       European Molecular
						|          Biology Laboratory
 Internet: KateRice at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE          |       Postfach 10-2209
                                                |       D-6900 Heidelberg
 Phone:   +49-6221-387523                       |       Germany