ura3-52

Morris F. Manolson mm6y+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Nov 13 16:28:43 EST 1993

>I am trying to find out what the mutation (deletion?) is in ura3-52.  Can you
>target integration into ura3-52 at the NcoI site or is it gone?  Any help will
>be appreciated.

the reference which describes ura3-52 is

Rose and Winston, Identification of a Ty insertion
within the coding sequence of the S. cerevisiae URA3 gene
Mol. Gen. Genet., (1984), 193:557-560

It looks like ura3-52 is a Ty insertion in the open reading frame of
URA3, so the Nco1 site should still be there.  Hope this helps.
Morrie

.

Morris F. Manolson                     Tel:  416-813-6662  (office)
Division of Cell Biology                     416-813-5594  (lab)
Hospital for Sick Children                   416-813-5028  (FAX)
88 Elm St., McMaster building        email:  Morrie at resunix.ri.sickkids.on.ca
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5G 1X8