DNA consensus seq's

Mike Cherry cherry at GENOME.STANFORD.EDU
Tue Oct 5 18:13:07 EST 1993

If you are already using GCG then one of the easiest things to do is
to use the GCG MOTIFS command with the REFerences option. (On VMS
thats MOTIF/REF and on Unix thats motifs -ref). The MOTIFS command
will search your sequence for all of the consensus sequences contained
in the PROSITE database of sequence motifs. You can need scan the
results for known yeast motifs. Currently I count 137 out of the 803
motifs in PROSITE that mention yeast.

Mike