Glutathione Transferase

Bob Litt rjl4 at quads.uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 14 20:59:27 EST 1993

Our lab has been constructing GST fusion expression plasmids for use
in yeast.  We use the constructs made by B. Deschenes' lab.  I refer
you to the paper "Vectors for the Inducible Overexpression of
Glutathione S-Transferase Fusion Proteins in Yeast, " Mitchell, D.A.,
Marshall, T.K. and Deschenes, R.J. Yeast, vol. 9, p 715-723 (1993).  I
think this was from August.  These constructs are for fusions with GST
on the N-terminus of your protein of interest.  Bob Deschenes has been
willing to provide these to the yeast community.

I could discuss some of our experiences (good and not-so-good) with
gutathione affinity purifications from yeast.

--
Ypt1Sec4Rab3ARab1ARasGTPBindingConsensusMumboJumboARFNSFGTPgammaS
  ER   | Bob Litt (rjl4 at midway.uchicago.edu)