DNA stock center?

Dan Jacobson danj at dev.gdb.org
Thu Oct 14 08:29:39 EST 1993

Doug Lammer writes:

>I've just begun a yeast project in an Arabidopsis lab, and have a basic
>question about the most efficient way to get yeast libraries and plasmids.
>
>My immediate needs are for a high copy number expression vector with URA3
>as the selectable marker, and for a genomic library suitable for a high
>copy suppressor screen also with URA as the selectable marker.

Point your gopher client at gopher.gdb.org and select:

12. Search Databases at Hopkins (Vectors, Promoters, NRL-3D, EST, OMIM./

-->  6.  Culture Collections (ATCC)/

 -->  1.  ATCC - The American Type Culture Collection/

  -->  7.  Recombinant DNA Materials (Clones, Vectors, Libraries, Hosts, Oligo/

   -->  2.  Vectors <?>

and search for -

cerevisiae and URA3 and expression

If you're looking for high copy numbers - probably 2 micron plasmids, you
could search for:

cerevisiae and URA3 and expression and micron

to narrow it down a bit.

If you want inducible expression you could try:

cerevisiae and URA3 and expression and induc*

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at mail.gdb.org