MET3 promoter

Jim Sloan jsloan at carson.u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 26 18:32:58 EST 1993

Harry Mountain wrote me that he uses 2mM L-methionine to repress the
MET3 promoter.  He says that he thinks the lower limit is around 0.05 mM.

As for the tightness of the repression, he wrote that "a ura3 strain
containing a MET3/URA3 fusion gene is ableto grow in the presence of 5-FOA in
the presence of methione, but not in -met media, implying an extremely
low level of expression under repressing conditions."

The phone numbers I have for Dr. Mountain are:
Phone:  0782 573524
Fax:    0782 745506
Address:
Staffordshire University