gopher on bitnet?

FATIMA at AT.AC.UNA.AIMP FATIMA at AT.AC.UNA.AIMP
Sun Sep 12 06:29:00 EST 1993

Hello!
I am getting a bit worried when listening to all the offers of databases,
programs etc. on gopher servers. As a computer illiterate, I have to rely
on what more literate people tell me. From what I heard, I am now afraid
that soon I might have to observe the amazing developments in the field
only from distance...The problem is that our computer (a VAX w. VMS) is
connected to Bitnet, not to Internet. Is there any possibility to access
gopher servers via Bitnet? Alternatively, since we have a possibility
to do ftp (via someone else's computer), is the stuff on gopher servers
available by ftp?
Thanks for any information!                    Fatima