Electro-competent yeast

jbhogen at merle.acns.nwu.edu jbhogen at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Mon Apr 11 15:40:18 EST 1994

Hello yeast people,
	I'm making (or attempting) to make highly competent yeast to screen for
mutants.  The strain I'm using is SFY526, and using the protocol by Guarente
(Methods Enzym), I'm only getting about 30-50 clones per 20 ng of plasmid
plated (10^3/ug).  Does anybody have any ideas on how to improve, what the
critical parameters are, or alternate protocols for making yeast competent?
Should I be starting parallel cultures to take at different ODs and comparing
electrocompetency?  Mucho thanks in advance,

John
jbhogen at merle.acns.nwu.edu