Ms. Cynthia Bolognese; BIOL; GRAD bolognes at
Thu Aug 25 11:24:52 EST 1994

First, I'd like to thank everyone for the advice on getting my yeast cells to
stick to the slide. I've had some success. The problem now is bleaching. My
cells stain, I can see them in the periphery of the field of view, but as
soon as I bring them into the center for a good view, they VERY RAPIDLY
bleach. My secondary ab is DTAF conjugated (same excitation & emission
wavelengths as FITC). Is this bleaching a result of unstable secondary? my
staining technique? or the UV source? Any references or info would be greatly

Thanks in advance!

Cindy Bolognese		 |						  |
e-mail address:  	 |    Qapla'!  (Klingon for Success!)             |
bolognes at	 |						  |