Trehalose deficient mutants (fwd)

Robert Preston rapr at MED.PITT.EDU
Wed Aug 31 13:42:28 EST 1994

Forwarded message:
> From: azw at aber.ac.uk (Andy Woodward)
> Subject: Trehalose deficient mutants
>
> Anyone out there have any mutant yeast which is incapable of building (or
> using) endogenous stores of trehalose?

Andy, Sue Lillie screened for these in the early '80s - I think she was
looking for glycogen plus, trehalose minus mutants and never found one,
but I can't remember the details. Last I heard she was at U. of Michigan
in the Medical School somewhere.  Or, she was doing that in John Pringle's
lab, so you could ask him about it.  I think they haven't worked on it since,
but might have heard about any such mutants.  John is at UNC now.

Rob Preston
rapr at med.pitt.edu