C. Albicans info request

rx81238 at mcvax2.d48.lilly.com rx81238 at mcvax2.d48.lilly.com
Tue Feb 22 10:27:02 EST 1994

In article <CLDpp4.9H3 at watserv2.uwaterloo.ca>, ltaylor at peptidarus.UWaterloo.ca (Lorne Taylor) writes:
> 	We are working on the structure/activity of a very potent antifungal peptide but we know very little about the yeasts that it kills. Would anybody point me towards info on C. Albicans and S. Cerevisae vis-a-vis growth conditions, membrane composition, effects of yeast on host (C.Albicans),known cell surface receptors and anything else that you may deem important.
>
> 	Cheers & thanks to all in advance;
>

> 	Lorne Taylor
> 	Chemistry
> 	U. of Waterloo
> 	CANADA
> 	ltaylor at peptidarus.uwaterloo.ca
There are a couple of reviews on C. albicans (Ann. Rev. Micro. 39:579 [1985]
and Microbiol. Rev. 54:226 [1990]).  These give a general overall view of
the biology, pathogenicity and more specifically the genetics of C. albicans.
For S. cerevisiae, the best info is in the CSH monograph series on S.
cerevisiae and Meth. Enz. Vol 194, Guide to Yeast Genetics and Mol. Biol.

Hope this is helpful.
J.A. Radding
Eli Lilly and Co.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not represent those of Eli Lilly and Co.