Update of YEAST Email addresses

Francis Ouellette francis at BORDUAS.NLM.NIH.GOV
Sun Feb 27 17:40:27 EST 1994

Dear Buddies,

(I include fission in this term, buddies=fission+baker's  ;-)

Here are all the new entries/corrections for the YEAST Email directory
from this last month.  If you sent me an address or a correction before
Feb 25, and you are not on this list, get in touch with me.

I append below the information on how to use and retrieve this
information.

Dan Jacobson, the maintainer of the YEAST Email addresses gopher hole,
was just letting me know of some interesting statistics.  Since its
beginning (April 20 1993, almost one year!) the YEAST Email directory
at gopher.gdb.org has logged 11,262 transactions, for an average of 282
per week, but in the last 5 weeks the average has been 555 transactions
per week.  A big thank you to Dan for maintaining this Gopher server.

Of note also is the new YEAST World Wide Web server maintained at
Stanford University by Mike Cherry (CHERRY at GENOME.STANFORD.EDU).  To
access this Web, you need to get a Web client software.  These are
available for all computers (Mac/DOS/Unix/VMS) which are connected to
the Internet.  (ask your system administrator/computer expert if you
have access to "the web")

The URL for this WWW is:

http://genome-gopher.stanford.edu/

You can also connect to this resource with a gopher client,
at this address:

genome-gopher.stanford.edu

Amongst other things, Mike has an indexed archive of all the articles from
this newsgroup, LISTA and other genome information, as well as pointers to
other resources of interest to the Yeast community, like the one
serving these E-mail addresses maintained by Dan Jacobson.

Well, that's all the news for now,

All the best, and happy budding and fissioning

francis

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette
|
| francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

> # YEAST Email list, version 5.06  94-02-25
> #  This list has 687 entries
> ABRAMS, ezra                    ABRAMS at WCCF.MIT.EDU
> ADAMS, bruce g.                 BRUCE at UHUNIX.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU
> ADAMS, cynthia                  CA2C+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
> ARMSTRONG, john                 J.ARMSTRONG at SUSSEX.AC.UK
> BARNES, larry d.                BARNESL at UTHSCSA.ED
> BELHUMEUR, pierre               BELHUMEP at ERE.UMONTREAL.CA
> BOURNS, brenda                  BBOURNS at FRED.FHCRC.ORG
> BRAUN, burk                     BRAUN at CGL.UCSF.EDU
> BRENT, roger                    BRENT at OPAL.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
> BURGESS, shawn                  JENSEN_LAB at QMAIL.BS.JHU.EDU
> BURKE, dan j.                   DJB6T at VIRGINIA.EDU
> CARON, mike                     MIKE.CARON at LAUNCHPAD.UNC.EDU
> CAVALLI, giacomo                CAVALLI at AEOLUS.ETHZ.CH
> CLYNE, rosemary k.              RCLYNE at WELCHLINK.WELCH.JHU.EDU
> COHEN, barak                    COHEN at OPAL.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
> COLAS, pierre                   COLAS at OPAL.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
> CUMSKY, michael                 MGCUMSKY at UCI.EDU
> CUSIK, michael                  MEC at BIOVAX.TAMU.EDU
> DAVIS, laura i.                 DAVIS070 at MC.DUKE.EDU
> ESHEL, dan                      DNEBC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
> FALCONI, marco muzi             MUZI at JHUIGF.MED.JHU.EDU
> FERGUSON, betsy                 FERGUSON at MOLBIO.UOREGON.EDU
> FEWELL, sheara                  SW3S+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
> FINLEY, russ                    FINLEY at OPAL.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
> FONDRAT, christian              FONDRAT at CITI2.FR
> FORTE, michael                  FORTE at OHSU.EDU
> GEISER, john r.                 GEISER at JHUNIX.HCF.JHU.EDU
> GESZVAIN, katherice m.          KG032991 at EXPRESS.SSCTR.BCM.TMC.EDU
> GIVAN, scott                    GIVAN at MOLBIO.UOREGON.EDU
> GOFFEAU, andre                  GOFFEAU at RICE.UCL.AC.BE
> HARTIG, andreas                 AH at ABC.UNIVIE.AC.AT
> KINZY, terri goss               TK2H+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
> LAMBERT, jim                    JLAMBERT at DARWIN.BIO.UCI.EDU
> LANTERMAN, margaret m.          MLANTERM at GMM.GEN.EMORY.EDU
> LI, zhen                        ZL2A+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
> LIN, guorong                    BGXZ at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA
> LOUBBARDI, adil                 GUILLOTON at UNILIM.FR
> LUSTIG, arthur                  A-LUSTIG at MSKCC.ORG
> MAEDA, tatsuya                  MAEDA at MBCRR.HARVARD.EDU
> MASSON, patrick h.              PMASSON at VMS2.MACC.WISC.EDU
> MENDELSOHN, andrew              MENDELSOHN at OPAL.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
> NOURAINI, sherry                SHAH at RESUNIX.RI.SICKKIDS.ON.CA
> PARAVICINI, gerhard             GP28526 at GGR.CO.UK
> PRINTEN, john                   PRINTEN at MOLBIO.UOREGON.EDU
> RENGARAJAN, jyothi              JR55+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
> RESNICK, michael                RESNICK at NIEHS.NIH.GOV
> SNYDER, michael                 SNYMICP at YALEVM.YCC.YALE.EDU
> [...]

#
#  This list has 687 entries
#
# This list can be retrieved by anonymous FTP to
# ncbi.nlm.nih.gov in the /repository/yeast directory
#
# This list can also be searched by using the gopher server
# at gopher.gdb.org in the following section:
#
#          -->  15. Searching For Biologists/
#
#               -->  11. E-mail Addresses of Yeast Reasearchers/
#
#  In this section you can also add or correct your email address
#  if you want in on the list.
#
#     E-mail Addresses of Yeast Researchers
#
#       1.  About The Yeast E-mail Directory.
#       2.  Browse E-mail Addresses of Yeast Researhers/
#       3.  Search E-mail Addresses of Yeast Researchers <?>
#       4.  Retrieve the entire Yeast E-mail Addresses Directory.
#  -->  5.  Add (or Correct) Your Address to the Yeast E-mail Directory <TEL>
#
#
#  List prepared by Francis Ouellette (francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
#
#  Gopher application prepared by Dan Jacobson (danj at gdb.org)
#
#  Please forward all corrections, additions and comments to
#  Francis Ouellette
#