Coulter Counter

Susan L Forsburg susan_forsburg at qm.sdsc.edu
Sun Jan 9 16:01:26 EST 1994

Subject: Coulter Counter
From: Eric Muller, emuller at u.washington.edu
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 94 00:25:13 GMT
In article <emuller.1108289953A at news.u.washington.edu> Eric Muller,
emuller at u.washington.edu writes:
>I am in the process of setting up and using a Coulter Counter Multisizer
>IIE.  Anybody have any experience with using Coulter Counter's that they
>would like to share, such as potential problems or novel uses?

the only problems I have had relate to airlocks in the vacuum line,
sludge in the system,  or clogs in the probe.  I use a Coulter to count
fixed pombe cells, usually to determine increase in cell number either
when following an elutriated sample, or after imposition of a cell cycle
block to find out where the block occurs etc.  Quite standard
applications.

susan
Susan L Forsburg
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies
email:  susan_forsburg at qm.sdsc.edu
        formerly forsburg at molbiol.ox.ac.uk