keeping plasmids in yeast for vacuole preps

Fatima Cvrckova FATIMA at AIMP.UNA.AC.AT
Tue Jan 11 03:33:01 EST 1994

Dear Morrie and other buddies,

I think that you might get rid of your problem with vacuole isolation from yeast
grown in -ura medium by giving them a few generations before spheroplasting in
a rich (e.g. YEPD) medium. I wouldn't worry that much about losing the plasmid -
after 2 generations in YEPD, most cells still will contain it (hopefully).

Good luck - and don't blame me if it doesn't work, I never isolated vacuoles :-)!

Fatima Cvrckova (fatima at aimp.una.ac.at)