lysing yeast cells, an update

unknown at dl.ac.uk unknown at dl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 14 20:26:25 EST 1994

I recently described a way to spin out the liquid following glass
bead lysis of S. cerevisiae.  Pek Lum, who developed the protocol,
has pointed out a couple of clarifications that are important.

First of all, we use screw cap eppendorf tubes, not the flip top
style.  This is important because the flip top tubes won't fit inside
the larger tube.  Second, we turn the tube upside down in a 15 ml
plastic conical centrifuge tube (the standard lab kind - Corning uses
Orange caps; Fisher has blue caps).  The conical shape is important
since it supports the screw cap eppendorf tube and prevents it from
going all the way to the bottom of the tube.

Robin Wright