YAC Artificats

diehl at salk-sc2.sdsc.edu diehl at salk-sc2.sdsc.edu
Thu Jan 20 01:47:31 EST 1994

        I am currently trying to make a YAC library, but am having problems
with the putative transformants. When I probe a southern blot of plugs made
from colonies, a characteristic doublet comes up for each transformant. The
doublet is the same size for each one, but the the size of the doublet is
not consistent between experiments ie one experiment 600  and 800kb bands
while another 800 and 1000kb bands. These blots are probed with pBR322 and
lambda. The positive and negative controls are fine, so its less likely its
some blotting or probing artificat. Also, I am not sure that its
integration at specific site because it varied between experiments, but it
still was consistent within each experiment. I need to resolve this problem
so that I can finish the library. If you have any suggests, please email
me. They would be greatly appreciated and thanks in adavance.

 Wade Diehl
 diehl at salk-sc2.sdsc.edu