media preferences

Neigeborn, Lenore neigeborn at ocelot.Rutgers.EDU
Fri Jan 21 14:59:35 EST 1994

Hi Folks,
This may seem like a trivial issue, but I fear it is not and I don't want to
find out the hard way.  Does anyone out there have experience with yeast media
(peptone, yeast extract, agar, and especially nitrogen base) made by GIBCO/BRL
as opposed to Difco?  I've always used Difco and never had a problem.  I've
recently gotten a price quote from GIBCO/BRL that is very good, but I'm a
little nervous.  Anyone got a feel for yeast tastes?
Feel free to respond directly to me (I'll summarize) or on the net.
Thanks,
Lenore Neigeborn
Waksman Institute
Rutgers University