Yeast promoters in pBR322

Michael Lichten lichten%bchem.dnet at dxi.nih.gov
Tue Jan 25 22:15:52 EST 1994

Hello buddies,

My apologies to the non-saccharomyces world for the heading.

I am looking for community knowlege about sequences in
pBR322 that serve as promoters in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.  My reasons for
this are arcane (has to do with sites for meiosis-induced double-strand
breaks that we see in certain pBR-based constructs) but it might also be
useful for the whole community to know what regions to look out for.  Or
maybe the whole community knows, and I'm the last one.  If so, berate me
privately; if not, inform me publicly.

Thanks,

Michael Lichten
lichten at helix.nih.gov

PS--and if there's something known about chromatin structure in these
regions, so much the better.