Yeast promoters in pBR322

Charles Brenner brenner at rose.brandeis.edu
Wed Jan 26 11:08:33 EST 1994

lichten%bchem.dnet at dxi.nih.gov (Michael Lichten) writes:

>I am looking for community knowlege about sequences in
>pBR322 that serve as promoters in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.

>Thanks,

>Michael Lichten
>lichten at helix.nih.gov

Something in the tet gene acts as a promoter for ORFs inserted at Bam
and Sal in the anti-tet orientation.  This was observed at Chiron ten
years ago but I don't know if it has been published or fully
dissected.  The yeast people there at the time (besides myself) were
Tony Brake, Bob Bishop and Jeff Shuster.

Charlie Brenner

--
Charles Brenner, Ph.D.		Fellow of the Leukemia Society of America
Rosenstiel Center, rm 610	phone (617) 736-4944
Waltham, MA 02254-9110		brenner at auriga.rose.brandeis.edu