Yeast promoters in pBR322

Charles Brenner brenner at
Wed Jan 26 11:08:33 EST 1994

lichten%bchem.dnet at (Michael Lichten) writes:

>I am looking for community knowlege about sequences in
>pBR322 that serve as promoters in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.

>Michael Lichten
>lichten at

Something in the tet gene acts as a promoter for ORFs inserted at Bam
and Sal in the anti-tet orientation.  This was observed at Chiron ten
years ago but I don't know if it has been published or fully
dissected.  The yeast people there at the time (besides myself) were
Tony Brake, Bob Bishop and Jeff Shuster.

Charlie Brenner

Charles Brenner, Ph.D.		Fellow of the Leukemia Society of America
Rosenstiel Center, rm 610	phone (617) 736-4944
Brandeis University		fax   (617) 736-2405
Waltham, MA 02254-9110		brenner at