Yeast promoters in pBR322

nataled at rnisd0.DNET.roche.com nataled at rnisd0.DNET.roche.com
Wed Jan 26 11:47:02 EST 1994

The closest answer to the question of transcripts from bacterial sequences
in cerevisiae is contained in the following paper:

	Marczynski and Jaehning (1985). A transcript map of a yeast
		centromere plasmid: unexpected transcripts and
		altered gene expression. NAR 13:8487-8506.

The plasmid under consideration is a pBR322 derivative (YCp19) so it may
answer your question. Some of the transcripts from bacterial promoters
are surprisingly strong.

DN

Included message:

I am looking for community knowlege about sequences in
pBR322 that serve as promoters in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.  My reasons for
this are arcane (has to do with sites for meiosis-induced double-strand
breaks that we see in certain pBR-based constructs) but it might also be
useful for the whole community to know what regions to look out for.  Or
maybe the whole community knows, and I'm the last one.  If so, berate me
privately; if not, inform me publicly.

D. Natale
NATALED at rnisd0.dnet.roche.com