I vs GATC in PCR

Dean Danner Lab djdlab at bimcore.emory.edu
Sun Jan 30 14:21:41 EST 1994

To all the PCR gods and goddesses out there,
	I am designing oligo's for PCR amplification from yeast genomic dna.  I have an amino acid sequence to work with and am trying to design the best degenerate oligo (using knowledge of codon preference).  If I want to have all four bases in the wobble position is it best to use all four (GATC) or use an inosine (I)?
Also, is there a desired temperature or length of oligo I should be shooting for?
Opinions, advice, references anything would be helpful.
Margaret Lanterman