sap3?

Neigeborn, Lenore neigeborn at OCELOT.RUTGERS.EDU
Thu Jul 14 15:28:51 EST 1994

Hi Folks,
     I received a strain harboring a sap3 mutation.  Does anyone know what this
is and what the phenotype is?  The strain has other markers that I want to use,
but I need to be sure that the sap3 mutation won't interfere with my screen.  I
got this strain from a friend who got it from a friend, etc., so, alas, we
don't know its source.  The other markers are:  ade2  ade3  leu2  trp1  his7
can1  (no allele numbers indicated).  I just want the ade2 and ade3 alleles.
When I put this strain through a cross Histidine auxotrophy segregated mostly
3:1, indicating that in addition to the his7 allele another mutation affecting
His-ness was segregating - could this be sap3?

     Thanks for any help

Lenore Neigeborn