Pulsed field GE of large circular DNA

Ronan.OKennedy at UCG.IE Ronan.OKennedy at UCG.IE
Thu Jul 21 18:42:39 EST 1994

Dear Netters
At the moment I am interested in using PFGE to seperate out chromosomes.
The problem is that I want to look at intact bacterial chromosomes and mega
plasmids. The info I have on seperating out large CIRCULAR molecules is
pretty sketchy and would be interested in hearing from anyone who uses PFGE.
It seems that pulse parameters are not standardised for application so it
is difficult for someone who is new to PFGE(particularly CHEF) to figure
optimum pulse programs. Any advice would be appriciated.
Ronan O'Kennedy
Dept of Microbiology
University College Galway
Ireland..