Pichia Oligosaccharides

Martin D. Snider mds5 at po.CWRU.Edu
Fri Jul 22 11:42:51 EST 1994

In a previous article, flesher at watson.bms.com (Alan Flesher) says:

>Dear Colleagues,
>I am neither a yeast scientist nor a molecular biologist but have been given
>the interesting task of characterizing oligosaccharides from a Pichia
>recombinant protein.  I have found one recent article on the subject (Yamada,
>in Biochem. '94).  I would appreciate any further information on other
>articles or personal experiences in this area.

Dear Alan,

I'm aware of two other recent studies on Pichia glycoproteins.  They are:

Grinna, L. S. and Tschopp, J. F. (1989).  Size distribution and general
structural features of N-linked oligosaccharides from the methylotrophic
yeast, Pichia pastoris.  Yeast 5, 107-115.

Trimble, R. B., Atkinson, P. H., Tschopp, J. F., Townsend, R. R. and Maley,
F. (1991).  Structure of oligosaccharides on Saccharomyces SUC2 invertase
secreted by the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris.  J Biol Chem 266,
22807-22817.

Good luck.

Martin Snider
--
Martin D. Snider
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University