supplement Tryp muts with other a.a.s?

Lynn S Dahleen dahleen at badlands.NoDak.edu
Mon Jul 25 10:40:31 EST 1994

Greetings,
	I have been attempting to transform yeast using the speroplasting
method described by Burger and Percival.  My selectable marker is
growth without Tryp and Ura.  In my last few tries, all my transformed
(?) colonies are very small.  My question is:  Should I be selecting the
transformants on minimal media, or can I (should I) supplement the minimal
media with all the other amino acids except Tryp and Ura.  Also, any
helpful hints about using this proccedure (or other better proceedure)
for YAC cloning would be appreciated.
                                          Dave Horvath
                                          USDA/ARS/NCSL
                                          Fargo, ND