PCR amplification from yeast genomic DNA

Janet Shaw shaw at bioscience.utah.edu
Fri Jul 29 17:55:31 EST 1994

We've been PCR amplifying fragments of the yeast genome for various cloning
purposes.  Recently, we've run across several primer sets that don't work
well, work sporatically or don't work at all on yeast genomic DNA as
template.  Does anyone have suggestions or a reliable protocol for
amplification of fragments from yeast genomic DNA?  (We are currently using
an air cycler in 10ul reaction tubes but have access to Perkin-Elmer type
thermocyclers as well).
Thanks,
Janet Shaw
University of Utah