promoters and terminators

Morris F. Manolson mm6y+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 21 08:33:48 EST 1994

Lisa Konkel writes:

>Also, how far from the Gal promoter can a cDNA be
>inserted and still get expression?

Dear buddies, Not only have I always wondered about the distance of
promoters from the start of the message, but I would also like to know
how far a terminator can be from the stop.  Are all terminators created
equal or will some affect the expression of the message?  I will post a
summary if there is sufficient response.  Thanks in advance, Morrie

Morris F. Manolson                     Tel:  416-813-6662  (office)
Division of Cell Biology                     416-813-5594  (lab)
Hospital for Sick Children                   416-813-5028  (FAX)
88 Elm St., McMaster building        email:  Morrie at resunix.ri.sickkids.on.ca
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5G 1X8