Germination

Doug Rhoads DRHOADS at MERCURY.UARK.EDU
Thu Jun 30 16:41:25 EST 1994

Why would one assume that the nutrients must be transported into the cell.
 Would it not make more sense for transporters to bind nutrients much like
a receptor.  This triggers cascades within the cell resulting in re-
awakening processes, including reactivation of the transporters and
opening of channels.
Doug Rhoads                  || Dept. of Biological Sciences
drhoads at mercury.uark.edu     || 601 Science Engineering
drhoads at uafsysb.uark.edu     || University of Arkansas
501-575-3251                 || Fayetteville, AR 72701