PCR from yeast colonies

Trueheart 71562.2253 at COMPUSERVE.COM
Mon Mar 7 10:15:29 EST 1994

>Does anyone know of a protocol that WORKS for PCR from
>yeast colonies.  There is a 1991 Trends in Genetics paper
>and a 1992 NAR paper, but they have problems.  Thanks.

I've had many problems myself with yeast colonies, though I am not familiar
with the paper you mentioned.  The thing that seems to work the best is to
put a smidge into 5O ul of TE, add glass beads to halfway to the miniscus,
boil the whole mess for 2 or 3 minutes, vortex it for one more, and use 1
ul in a 10 ul reaction.  It's tedious I know but it's the only reliable one
I've used.

If ANYONE HAS A BETTER ONE please post it.....

Josh Trueheart
Cadus
2126453738x231