biorad CHEF and kar- strains

Ronan.OKennedy at UCG.IE Ronan.OKennedy at UCG.IE
Sat Mar 12 14:37:43 EST 1994

Hi there.
A couple of questions from someone new to this mailing list

I'm starting to use CHEF analysis of S.cerevisiae chromosomes with the BIORAD
DRII apperatus. The Protocols are fine but do not say anything about ramp time
or start and end ratios. Does someone know the setting for this apart from the
often quoted 60sec switching time for 15hr + 90sec for 8hours.

I've been looking for a kar- ura3 (preferably [cir-o spontaneous] strain for
cytotransduction. I'd be a very happy person if I could lay my hands on it!!

Thanks in advance

Ronan O'Kennedy.
Department of Microbiology
University college Galway