yeast libraries

Tien-Hsien Chang tchang at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Sat Mar 19 16:08:04 EST 1994

     I don't think there is much need to spend $1,000 or more on buying yeast
cDNA library.  Please check into the following references:

     (1) Liu, H., Krizek, J., and Bretscher*, A. (1992) Construction of a
GAL1-regulated yeast cDNA expression library and its application to the
identification of genes whose overexpression causes lethality in yeast.
Genetics 132, 665-673.

     (2) Ramer, S. W., Ellendge, S. J., and Davis*, R. W. (1992) Dominant
genetics using a yeast genomic library under the control of a strong inducible
promoter.  Proc. Natl. Acad. Sc. USA 89, 11589-11593.

     *P.I.'s = Anthony B. and Ronald D.

     I have obtained both libraries from each individual lab free of charge.

                    Tien-Hsien Chang
                    Assistant Professor of Molecular Genetics
                    The Ohio State University
                    484 W. 12th Ave.
                    Columbus, OH 43210

                    (614)-292-0631