X-2180 strain

Mike Cherry cherry at stout.Stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 22 13:18:41 EST 1994

In article <Cn2EIr.A4H at wst.edvz.sbg.ac.at>,
NESTELBACHER Reinhard <reinhard at wst.edvz.sbg.ac.at> wrote:

>Does somebody work with the strain x2180 from mortimer?
>If yes, is it possible to send it to me, after coming into contact with me
>via E-mail?
>Or does somebody know, where to get it without paying lots of money?
>It would be great.
>
>Thank you
>
>Reinhard Nestelbacher
>University of Salzburg
>Department of Genetics
>reinhard at dgen10.gen.sbg.ac.at

Reinhard,

You can order the strain from Mortimer. The Yeast Genetic Stock Center
ordering information is included below. Contact them for more
information. Its not a lot of money, US$10 per strain or if they must
send an invoice a minumum of US$25.

The strain you are interested in might be one of these:

STRAIN			GENOTYPE			SOURCE

X2180-1Aa		a  SUC2 mal mel gal2 CUP1	RKM
X2180-1Balpha		alpha  SUC2 mal mel gal2 CUP1	RKM

Mike

P.S. I will soon be providing the YGSC catalog online via Internet
Gopher from genome-gopher.stanford.edu.

----------
ORDERING STRAINS FROM THE YGSC

To order strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae from the Yeast Genetic
Stock Center, specify in writing the strain designation(s) and locus
or the category in which the strains are to be found in the catalogue.
Telephone requests will be accepted only if special circumstances
exist.  FAXED requests are welcome.  Should the strain(s) sent not
revive or be otherwise unstable, contact us for a replacement.

A fee of $10.00 per strain for non-profit organizations ($50.00 for
industrial concerns) will be charged users of the Yeast Genetic Stock
Center.  Minimum invoicing is $25.00.  Payment may be enclosed with
the request; otherwise an invoice will be sent with the strains.  Make
checks payable to: Regents of the University of California.

Inquiries should be directed to Rebecca Contopoulou or to Robert
Mortimer at the following numbers: Phone, (415) 642-0815.  FAX, (415)
642-8589.

In additon to the strains in the collection at the YGSC, a number of
other non-genetically characterized strains of S. cerevisiae, such as
several brewing and wine yeasts as well as representatives of other
genera of yeasts are available. We urge you to contact the YGSC with
any questions regarding these and other strains not listed in the
catalogue.
J. Michael Cherry                       Internet: cherry at genome.stanford.edu
Project Manager                         Saccharomyces Genome Database
Stanford DNA Sequence & Tech. Center    Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine  Stanford, CA 94305-5120