two-hybrid system

Hannes Klump HANNES at bch.univie.ac.at
Tue Mar 29 11:16:15 EST 1994

Hi, buddies!
Has anyone of you compared the different systems for interaction-
cloning, e.g. the one from Stanley Fields with that from Stan
Hollenberg or Roger Brent s (Cell 75, 791-803)?
What are the advantages/disadvantages of the different systems?
I am asking because I am intending to fetch cellular targets of a
picornaviral proteinase (an almost inactive serine-mutant of a
cysteine-proteinase) by utilizing such an interaction-trap method and
have heard that one has to bear in mind that background can be a
problem.
Thanks in advance,
Hannes Klump
Institute of Biochemistry