Physiological salt conc. and pH of yeast mitochondria

Bingjie Miao bmiao at macc.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 30 21:39:00 EST 1994

Hi everyone, I'm working with an enzyme inside the matrix of yeast
mitochondria. I need to do some assays with it so I want to know the
physiological conditions inside the mitochondria. Specifically, what are
the major ions and their respective concentrations? What's the normal pH
of the matrix? Information on conditions of mitochondria from other
organisms will also be helpful. Does anyone know where I can find such
information? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Bingjie Miao
UW-Madison