database software

Mike myirwin at uci.edu
Wed Mar 30 13:44:47 EST 1994

In article <kinsey-290394142040 at fp1-molbio-4.uoregon.edu>,
kinsey at molbio.uoregon.edu (phil kinsey) wrote:

> I'm looking for database software with which to store our lab yeast
> strains.  The software I'm currently previewing has some inadequacies in
> allowances for strain descriptions.  Can anyone recommend "yeast-friendly"
> database software?
>
> Thanks in advance,  Phil

Hey Phil, how's it going? In Bill's lab we use Filemaker Pro v2.1. It takes
a little more time to use than a Hypercard database or something else
premade but the investment's well worth it. Just fully customize it to suit
your needs.

It's a pretty big program though...nothing to run on a Mac Plus or SE. I'd
recommend  at least a Mac IIci or 486 with 8mb of total RAM (optimally, tho
you can certainly get by w/ less).

Hope this helps...let me know if you need more specific info