lacZ fusion libraries

Jasper Rine jasper at mendel.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 15 11:39:12 EST 1994

I am interested in obtaining one or more libraries that contain random
fragments of the yeast genome fused to lacZ, or any other reporter, in a
yeast plasmid.  We have found that a drug that inhibits the cholesterol
pathway induces the expression of one of hte genes in the pathway that we
did not expect to see induced and did not induce one of hte genes that we
did expect to see induced.  Thus I am wondering whether the response is
specific, or reflects some global alteration in physiology.  Thus, a
collection of different fusions would offer one approach to the problem.

Please respond to jasper at mendel.berkeley.edu