Saccharomyces Expressed Sequence Tags (ESTs)

kgweinst at TIGR.ORG kgweinst at TIGR.ORG
Tue Oct 11 09:36:15 EST 1994

We are releasing a sequence file containing 3,456 Expressed Sequence Tags
(ESTs) from Saccharomyces cerevisiae (X2180-1A). These represent a number
of yeast genes, both known and unknown. The single file (about 1.2 Mbytes)
is in FASTA format with a unique identifier for each of the individual
sequences contained within the file. These sequences were obtained by
sequencing the ends of cDNAs derived from yeast mRNA and are primarily, but
not exclusively, from the 3' end of genes. The polyA tails and flanking
vector sequences have been removed.

The sequences are availible via anonymous ftp at ftp.tigr.org (IP address
192.207.234.10). The file is in the directory estdb and is availible as a
text file (yestfa1_0) or a UNIX-compressed file (yestfa1_0.Z). Use
"anonymous" as your username and your e-mail address as the password.

These sequences are currently unannotated as we are in the process of
analyzing and writing up our results. However, they will be fully annotated
as soon as possible (probably later this year). Several researchers have
expressed an interest in obtaining them prior to annotation and
publication, so they are being supplied here for use as a research tool. If
you use them in your work, we ask only that you reference the source of the
sequences. If I can be of help, please contact me as indicated below.

Best regards,

Keith G. Weinstock
kgweinst at tigr.org

The Institute for Genomic Research (TIGR)
932 Clopper Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Phone: (301) 869-9056
FAX: (301) 869-9423