Where to get yeast strains and plasmid map drawing programs

Tommy S. Tillman tillman+ at pitt.edu
Fri Oct 14 17:07:47 EST 1994

In article <9410071344.AA11007 at dxi.nih.gov>,
lichten%bchem.dnet at DXI.NIH.GOV (Michael Lichten) wrote:

> Paul Morcos wants to know about programs for drawing plasmids.  There's a
> very nice little Mac shareware program called MacPlasMap that has been out
> for a number of years.  It should be on the usual FTP/Gopher sites (I
> haven't looked) but if not I will be glad to mail it to you.

I just purchased the new version of MacPlasmap 2.01 from CGC Scientific
(314) 652-6533. It lets you insert and delete regions from one plasmid to
another (subcloning), and copy features between plasmids.. Slightly buggy,
but excellent. It also reads restriction data from DNA Strider PICT
output, and other sequence analysis programs that generate text strings
containing both a restriction site and its location.

Tommy

Tommy S. Tillman, Ph.D.
Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry
University of Pittsburgh