betagalactosidase antibodies

David Gonda david_gonda at
Sun Oct 30 15:55:44 EST 1994

We're having difficulties trying to get good sensitivity in Western blots
against E. coli betagalactosidase (can see 50 ng, but not 5 ng; we need to
do better).

With that in mind: (1) Does anyone know of a source of polyclonal
anti-betagal, other than that sold by Sigma? (2) Does anyone have a
recommendation for a good monoclonal antibody that gives excellent
sensitivity on Westerns?

Thanks in advance...

David Gonda
Yale University
Dept of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry
david_gonda at
[the opinions above, which are mine, are only mine, and belong to me]