2u plasmids

CHAPON CHRISTINE chapon at SPOT.COLORADO.EDU
Tue Sep 6 16:35:57 EST 1994

It is possible that only a fraction of the cells expressed the three
proteins but I had done the expt suggested by steve Kron, I looked at
single cells (probably 5 to 9 times) each would
overexpress the three proteins. I also
believe the interaction I saw ( 1 protein interacting with two other
proteins leading to a three protein complex) since I was able to disrupt
this complex by growing
the cells at 37C (one of the interactor was ts) and restoring it in the
presence of the suppressor protein (the second interactor). All the immunoprecipitation
expt I performed with this system reproduced the results we obtained
using the two-hybrid system for which one of the two-hybrid vector also
carried the third gene needed for the interaction with three partners.
The genetics data the two hybrid data and the immunoprecipitation data
were consistent!