Protein interactions- none, now what???

Dean Danner Lab djdlab at bimcore.emory.edu
Thu Apr 6 17:36:33 EST 1995

So- I would like to rack everyone's brain.
I have proteins interacting with themselves (ie X with X, and Y with Y) in the yeast two hybrid system, and functioning in vivo in a yeast model system.
SO what if I make a mutation (deletion or single aa change) and the protein no longer interact of function?  What would be the best way to assess why I have lost interaction/function.  The proteins I am studying function is a multienzyme complex so they form 24mers, or tetramers depending on which ones we are talking about.

Margaret Lanterman
mlanterm at gmm.gen.emory.edu