yeast genomic library with drug resistance marker

Manuel G. CLAROS claros at biologie.ens.fr
Fri Apr 7 12:18:02 EST 1995

In Article <3lupr9$6jl at riscsm.scripps.edu>, SLForsburg
<susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu> wrote:

>> I am looking for a yeast genomic library in a yeast vector which carries some

>> drug resistance marker that functions in yeast. I need to select library
>> transformants on YPD, since the mutant phenotype I would like to complement
>> is only observable on YPD. Any helpful comments are highly welcome.

>I know the hygromycin marker works in yeasts. I don't know if
>anyone has constructed a library using it.  I believe neo also works.

You have serveral vectors for drug resistance in yeast: G450 (I think I am
not wrong in the numbers), hygromycin, cycloheximide, belomycin, fleomycin
sulfometuron and perhaps some others.

The first three have been developped essentially in Dr A. Jimenez lab
in Spain. His e-mail is ajimenez at mvax.cbm.uam.es

I do not think that he has made a gene library with any of them. But perhaps
you can obtain a plasmid to construct the library.

I recommend you to make first a bibliographic research.

I hope this helps.

                          // \\          // \\  // \\        Un amigo es uno
Manuel G. CLAROS         \': | \\      // | :,\\': | \\      que lo sabe todo
Ecole Normale Superieure  \\ | | \\  // | | //  \\ | | \\    sobre ti y a
Genetique Moleculaire       \\ | :,\\': | //      \\ | :,\\  pesar de ello
46 rue d'Ulm                  \\ //  \\ //          \\ //    te quiere.
75230 Paris Cedex 05            claros at biologie.ens.fr         E. Hubbard
             "Siempre nos quedara' Paris" (Rick Blane, Casablanca)