Yeast microinjection

Sandy Silverman sandy at icr.pt.cyanamid.COM
Fri Apr 7 16:09:00 EST 1995

In article <3m41ih$97m at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> Elric <derekr at uiuc.edu> Organization: The Lab writes:

   From: Elric <derekr at uiuc.edu> Organization: The Lab
   Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.yeast
   Date: 7 Apr 1995 18:50:57 GMT
   Originator: derekr at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

   I've done some searching in the journals for articles relating to
   microinjection of yeast and I cannot find any.  I understand that the
   cell wall presents some problems but microinjection into plants is
   possible.  Of course, the cell walls differ biochemically and
   structurally, but I would like to know specifically why microinjection
   into yeast hasn't been tried (or tried and published recently).  Thanks
   for any input.

   --
   Derek Reubish
   derekr at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
   derekr at powershare.life.uiuc.edu
   "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun" - Ash

Try searching in Medline for patch clamping and yeast.  There was some
activity there some years ago.

------Sandy

--
Sanford Silverman                      >Opinions expressed here are my own<
American Cyanamid