Yeast microinjection

Sandy Silverman sandy at
Fri Apr 7 16:09:00 EST 1995

In article <3m41ih$97m at> Elric <derekr at> Organization: The Lab writes:

   From: Elric <derekr at> Organization: The Lab
   Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.yeast
   Date: 7 Apr 1995 18:50:57 GMT
   Originator: derekr at

   I've done some searching in the journals for articles relating to
   microinjection of yeast and I cannot find any.  I understand that the
   cell wall presents some problems but microinjection into plants is
   possible.  Of course, the cell walls differ biochemically and
   structurally, but I would like to know specifically why microinjection
   into yeast hasn't been tried (or tried and published recently).  Thanks
   for any input.

   Derek Reubish
   derekr at
   derekr at
   "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun" - Ash

Try searching in Medline for patch clamping and yeast.  There was some
activity there some years ago.

Sanford Silverman                      >Opinions expressed here are my own<
American Cyanamid
silvermans at     			"Yeast is Best"