low yield of 2-H library plasmids

Tien-Hsien Chang tchang at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Mon Apr 10 16:36:32 EST 1995

     In doing 2-hyb screening, we have been using the library constructed by
Stan Field's lab.  We have repeatedly obtained very low yield of plasmid DNAs
from libraries YL1 (pGAD1), YL2 (pGAD2), and YL3 (pGAD3) even after trying to
use chloramphenicol amplification.  Is this a common problem which has been
observed by other people?  Suggestions to solve this problem are appreciated.

                                   Tien-Hsien Chang
                                   Department of Molecular Genetics
                                   The Ohio State University
                                   484 West 12th Ave.