Adduct Analysis Q.

Richard John Brennan brennan at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 13 12:31:52 EST 1995

Hi buddies and others

I'm going to be isolating DNA from numerous S. cerevisiae cultures
for DNA adduct analysis. Has anyone out there ever done this
with yeast? I'd like to know if:

1) There are any problems associated with high background levels
of 8-OHGua and other oxidised bases in mitochondrial DNA.

2) If so, is there a simple and rapid method of seperating yeast nuclei from
mitochondria prior to extracting DNA?

Thanks in advance for any help. Reply by e-mail please, I'll post a summary
if anyone else is interested.

Rich.
Richard J. Brennan                           brennan at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Molecular and Cellular Toxicology
Harvard School of Public Health
665 Huntington Ave.                              (617) 432 0350
Boston, MA 02115                                 (617) 432 0377 (FAX)