Pombe resources on Internet

Francis Ouellette francis at BORDUAS.NLM.NIH.GOV
Sun Apr 23 08:30:48 EST 1995

> From: kd034560 at .bcm.tmc.edu (Krasen Dimitrov)
> Subject: Pombe resources on Internet

> My question is: Is there a separate resource on Internet (newsgroup or
> something) ony for pombe research. Thank you ver much. Krassen

Dear Krasen,

There are no pombe specific newsgroup that I know, but there are many
pombe readers and question on this newsgroup, and from the beginning,
pombe has always been welcome, has have other yeast in general.

There is a Web page where you will find recources specific to S.
cerevisiae, S. pombe and C. albicans:

http://genome-www.stanford.edu/VL-yeast.html

> Schizosaccharomyces pombe
>
>     Seek the S. pombe wisdom from Tom Chappell, UK.

This can be found at:

http://t-chappell.mcbl.ucl.ac.uk/

and has this info:

> Welcome to the S. pombe page
>
> Main Categories
>
>      Recent Publications
>      Genes
>      Vectors
>      Methods
>
> Please note that the Entrez connections for the pombe genes on this
> server take you into the National Library of Medicine WWW Entrez
> system. Once you dive into these connections, the references to "home"
> on the information pages takes you to the NLM WWW Entrez home page(a
> VERY useful page to know about), rather than bringing you back to this
> page.
>
> this page is very much under construction...
>
> I'm interested to hear what people working with S. pombe want to see.
>
> (and how much the server bogs down my Mac...)
>
> comments to: Tom Chappell (dmcbtch at ucl.ac.uk)

Hope this helps,

francis