Position effect at integration sites

Ahlquist Lab anoueiry at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 10 12:01:16 EST 1995

Dear yeasty buddies

	This is my second attempt at posting on this newsgroup and I hope this
time it works.
	I have integrated two constructs of viral replication proteins driven
by a constitutive ADH1 promotor into the ADE2 and LEU2 loci. Only the
one integrated into the LEU2 locus was expressed, and only when it is in
one direction relative to the LEU2 gene but not the other. I am only
aware of position effects in yeast next to centromeres, telomeres and
replication foci. I was wondering if anybody else has had such an
experience, or if any other locus was tried successfully. If you have
any suggestions please write.

AMINE