Como se dice "to clone" en castellano? Dictionary/text needed.

AL R. PLUMMER aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu
Fri Aug 11 11:15:49 EST 1995

Raymond Mejia (ray at helix.nih.gov) wrote:

: Hello folks.  Can anyone tell me the Spanish translation for "to clone"?
: Many technical terms in English are used in other languages, and this may
: be one of them.  But, I do not know.

: I have a colleague preparing to lecture in Spanish, who needs a technical
: dictionary (or text, perhaps) that includes terms used in -molecular
: biology. Any suggestions?  Thank you.

: Raymond Mejia
: Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, NHLBI, and
: Mathematical Research Branch, NIDDK
: National Institutes of Health
: BSA/350
: Bethesda, MD  20892-2690
: E-mail: ray at helix.nih.gov
: Tel: (301)496-9972
: Fax: (301)402-0535

To clone=Clonar.  Sorry, but I do not know of a technical Castellano-
English dictionary.  You might contact Dr. James Mattoon at
jmattoon at sprint.uccs.edu with your query.  He lectures in Brazil
and Argentina on a regular basis.